Ayangue reminds me of the Galapagos, both above the water and below it. It’s a tiny cove with a small, sleepy town and a handful of dive operators. That’s it, but its nice.
What to do?
– Try the seafood at one of the many huts along the beach.
– Swim and snorkel in the table-top flat ocean in the cove.
– Hike the nearby oceanfront cliffs.
– Para-glide in nearby San Pedro.
– Visit the nearby Playa Rosada beach.
– Scuba dive! Its cheap and its good!
Where to stay?
My top pick for a Hotel in Ayangue is the Oasis Ayangue. Can’t beat it, Wifi, hot water and good thin crust pizza one block off the beach.