Getting Married in Ecuador

My advice, DON’T… Well, don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Alright, so you want to get married in Ecuador, it’s pretty straight forward, just go to the Department of Civil matters in Ecuador with your passport (they may also ask for your birth certificate) and sign away.

Foreigners have the same rights to marry as locals in Ecuador do, and it does qualify you for a resident-type visa.

If you liked this you’d love my weekly Ecuador Insider’s newsletter where I reveal everything a savvy investor must know before they invest in Ecuador, sign up below (you can unsubscribe at any time):

First Name
* Email
* = Required Field

4 thoughts on “Getting Married in Ecuador”

  1. If I go literally by your post, it would mean, 2 non Ecuadorians, getting married in Ecuador are granted permanent residency? I assume you want to say, if one Eucadorian marries a foreigner the foreigner recives residential status right away. Could you please clarify?

  2. I read somewhere that in order to get married in EC you have to be there for at least 75 days. I am planning to marry my Ecuadorian fiance and I am wondering if this applies for me as well or am I able to go to EC and just get married. Also, where can I get the info on any paper work that I may need? I am a Canadian Citizen just so you know if this makes a difference.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *