The Easiest Path to Residency in Ecuador

Having to re-apply and constantly extend tourist visas can be a hassle. If you are planning on staying in Ecuador for more than 3 months a year, a residency visa is your choice.

There are many different ways to get your residency in Ecuador. Here, I will mention the easiest two.

For me, the easiest two ways to get a resident visa in Ecuador are by investing in real estate or by proving you have a steady pension.

The official names are the 9-I retirement visa and the 9-II investor’s visa.

The main requirement of the 9-I retirement (or pensioner’s) visa is to prove you have a steady pension from some source of at least $800usd a month. You can prove this by getting an official document from the institution that pays you your pension certified by the Ecuadorian consulate in your home country. The rest of the requirements are basically filling out forms.

The main requirement for the 9-II investor’s visa is to buy a property in Ecuador in your name valued (by the local municipality) of at least $25,000usd. The rest of the requirements are retrieving and filling out forms.

Both visas are much easier to attain once in Ecuador (but be sure to bring down the documents they require beforehand)…

…To see the rest of this article, you need to be subscribed to my weekly email newsletter list, which you can do below…

First Name
* Email
* = Required Field

One thought on “The Easiest Path to Residency in Ecuador”

  1. Domenick,

    Thanks for your speedy reply. I cannot remember if I signed up for your emial newsletter list. If I didn’t please let me know, as I want to get as much information as we can before we come down there. I am communicating with American expat’s but I need feedback from you with extensive experience in Latin America.

    Muchas Gracias,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *