Where to stay in Baños?
Anywhere:in the centro What I mean by this is that literally the entire town of Baños is one big budget hotel, just walk around and pick one, any one is dine, most simple ones start around $10 per person.
What to do in Baños?
– Do the full day bike descent along the highway to Puyo. Amazing as the Amazon opens up before you little by little.
– Charter a rafting trip at one of the several local agencies. Starts around $30 per person.
– Soak at one of the many hit springs on the north edge of town.
– Get a message at the Spa Garden El Refugio.
– Climb the Tungurahua Volcano.
– Visit the look out point and see the volcano spewing lava (maybe) at night in the distance… amazing!
To read the rest of this article please sign up for my weekly, Ecuador Insider’s Newsletter below (You can unsubscribe at ANY time):