9-1 Pensioners Visa Requirements

Requirements of the Pensioner’s Visa (Visa de Rentista 9-1):

1. Written petition letter in Spanish directed to the Minister of “Relaciones Exteriores”. In Guayaquil, the Minister is Arq. Octavio Villacreses Peña. See example of letter “visa petition letter” contained in this report.

2. Completed visa form as provided in this report. (Solicitud de visa)

3. Completed order form for your Ecuadorian ID card as provided in this report. (Solicitud de orden de cedulacion)

4. Color copy of your passport notarized with a minimum of 6 months validity remaining.

5. Criminal record check from your local county Sheriff’s office. This form should be apostilled in your country of residence or legalized in the Ecuadorian consulate in your country. More on that in a minute.

6. Certificate of Immigration Movements within Ecuador as attained by the immigration authorities in Ecuador. You can get immediately this for $4 once inside the same building where you apply for the visa in Guayaquil, just ask for the CERTIFICADO DE MOVIMIENTOS MIGRATORIOS.

7. In the case of being a refugee, you would need to present your refugee card as attained from the Ministry of Foreign relations in Ecuador (Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores)

8. Proof of pension above or equal to $800USD per month apostilled in your country or legally certified by the Ecuadorian consulate of your country plus $100USD extra for each dependent you may have.

9. Document certified by the Ecuadorian consulate proving your pension in the case of not being able to prove your pension through the aforementioned means.

10. All documents stated above should be translated and notarized with signature of translator. Tip: This will take 24 hours ad can be easiest done with the translators near the immigration building in Guayaquil and the notary directly behind the building. When translated abroad, your documents should be legalized and certified by the Ecuadorian consulate or apostilled.

11. When documents are issued by one of the departments of Ecuador they should be legalized by the same, not by Notary publics.

And to stay up to date on the latest developments throughout Ecuador sign up for my weekly newsletter on Ecuador living and investing, you can unsubscribe at any time:

First Name
* Email
* = Required Field

Published by

Journeyman Jack Ecuador

Proudly serving Ecuador Expats since 2008, My Services, web links, contact info tel. #'s - US, CAN & EC. are all below: Thank You, Jack Abercrombie, Cumbaya, Quito- ECUADOR S.A. JourneymanJack.com@gmail.com JourneymanJack.com@protonmail.com #StrategicRelocationEcuador "May your strategy be as dark as night and as swift as a boulder rolling down a mountain." ~ Sun Tzu "I'd rather prep 10 years too early than 10 minutes too late." Strategic Relocation Ecuador: http://JourneymanJack.com/ Ecuador Real Estate: http://EcuadorRealEstate.org Call Toll free from U.S. & Canada: Mnts: 770-828-7913, & Coast: 770-988-4492, EC. Off: 02-380-4088, Ec. Cel Claro: 098-828-8953, WhatsApp, Zello, Telegram, Viber, Signal, WIRE, Element, Sessions: +593-98-828-8953, For Virtual Real Estate Tours, PreTrip Planning Video Conference via Zoom, jitsi, "skype" user name: "Jack.Abercrombie"- https://join.skype.com/invite/B4plcVLSCGWk Someone once said that Ecuador is a country that is: •EASY to love- •HARD to understand- •Impossible to forget- 'All the Very Best on Your Endeavors in Ecuador-