You can ask whatever you want for a property in Ecuador. Doesn’t mean you’ll get it.
In fact, some are quite ambitious when they price properties in Ecuador.
But in a country like Ecuador with no MLS standardized system, no publicly recorded comps (or comparable sales records) and with historically low and unrealistic municipal appraisals seeing how much people ACTUALLY HAVE PAID recently for property in Ecuador can be very useful.
Today you’ll get to see just that. Good real estate service numbers.
Or actual property transaction records for real estate in Ecuador.
This is how much someone actually opened their wallet and paid. (Not the asking prices!)
And thanks to all those who responded to last weeks question…
-On Ecuador coast, No area specified
100,000 (500m2) Purchased JUN 2013
ocean front new gated community lot on front row ($200/m2 of land)
1. Ocean view on a hill, road dirt access
$6000 USD (320m2) Purchased May 2013 ($19/m2 of land)
2. 26sq.m suite in the Piedra del Mar hotel in Puerto Lopez we bought last May. We have about $33,000 in it now including appliances and furnishings. ($1269/m2 of construction)
1. $19,000 (June 2012)
Lot in urbanization, roads, electricity water pipes installed
400m2 ($47.50/m2 of land)
2. 5 kilometers west of Canoa and kilometers north on a dirt road …..location: 17 Hectares @ $1800. per Hectare
Purchased in June 2013
3. Briceno, between San Vicente and Canoa on the coast
vacant beach front lot on Pacific ocean
360m2 ($83 per m2)
4. House with oceanview, 2 bedr 1 bath on 1000m2, poor condition
$22k, FEB 2013. ($22/m2 if taking into account only the land)
1. We purchased an apartment in Chipipe 4 years ago for 230k. 4 bedroom direct beachfront + Maid Quarters, fully furnished + 1 covered parking space.
2. Salinas. 1 block from beach in San Lorenzo. 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo with 900 sf. Bought in Feb 2011 for $49K. Condo is 10 yrs old. ($583/m2 of construction)
3. Salinas. New construction. 3 blocks from beach in Chipipe. 2BR, 2BA, 1000 sf with pool and rooftop spa and BBQ. Bought in Mar 2012 for $70K. Brand new. ($753/m2 of construction)
4. On the Malecon of Salinas, 4 buildings up from the Hotel Barcelo. A 15 unit condo, and we are on the top floor of an 8 story, 6 year old building. Our unit is just under 89 square meters, is 3 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath with an ocean view. With it came a 2200 square foot finished terraza, with a rest room, and wet bar that is ours, and not part of the common area. We paid $95K. It was purchased April of this year. ($1067/m2 of construction)
5. I bought a house & 2 lots in La Malina (Salinas),$49,000 house is 120 mtrs, 2 bedroom, 2 bath, 2nd lot has 18X36 ft pool.
6. Salinas 45K 8 blocks from beach. 4bd 3ba
7. April 15,2013 we bought a 2000 sq ft, 4 bed room, 4 full baths, 19th floor, 5 year old condo on the Salinas Malecon for $220,000. We are right on the Pacific with fabulous panoramic views of the Pacific from every room. The building has a swimming pool, kiddie pool, hot tub,2 designated parking spaces, sauna, gym and full 24hr security. ($1182/m2 of construction)
8. Salinas Malecon Beach View Condo Salinas
$105,000 Purchased Dec. 2011 170 Sq M interior 50 Sq M exterior terrace
Penthouse Suite – Full Floor 8 floor building 2 units per floor except penthouse level
Garage constructed by a local garage door company to fit in 2 parking spaces
3 bedroom 3 bath total with a separate lock-off suite with 1 bedroom 1 bath and living, dining, kitchenette
Condo required total gut and remodel. 1975 construction ($618/m2 of construction). Our Bradco Kitchen & Bath, designers have valuable knowledge and tools to work out all the technical details involved with designing a functional kitchen.
9. Chipipe Beach View Condo Salinas
$123,000 Purchased Sept 2013 163 Sq. M includes ‘interior’ terrace with sliding doors
3 bedroom 2 bath w. separate maids qtrs. 1974 Construction
7th floor of 11 story building. 2 units per floor. Condo requires total gut and remodel ($755/m2 of construction)
1. Jama Campay which is a residential resort complex (in process) located north of Jama, south of Pedernales. The preconstruction price of my home in May 2012, with 3 BR, 3 BA, one row back from oceanfront, including appliances, basic furniture (for which I had to check if there was Exquisite Living Furniture Near Me) and a jacuzzi off the MB was under $140,000. Prices have increased a little since then. It is now scheduled to be finished in the first quarter of 2014, which is behind the original completion date (oh surprise.) The condo is approx. 1600 sq. ft. ($940/m2 of construction)
2. -the approx. location JAMA CAMPAY
-the actual purchase price $89,500
-the type of property and age NEW CONDO
-meters squared of land and construction 2 BED 2 BATH OCEAN VIEW
-approx date of transaction COMPLETION END OF THIS YEAR
3. Coco Beach Village –Jama, Manabi Ecuador Realty
$200,000 for beachfront lot with shell of house – put $100,000 into it this year (3 bedroom, 3 bath)
1,000 sm of lot and 2,350 sf of house (ground floor) w/roof terrace ($200/m2 of land) ($459/m2 of construction)
Purchased May 2012 – Moved here August 2012
4. Jama / El Matal
$123,000. Oceanfront lot
Land only – approx 1900 square meters
Nov. 2008 ($177/m2 of land)
all infrastructure in place, ready to build, gated community with club house, pool.
4 bedroom infinity pool yard done in paveing stone gated outdoor kitchen. Built about 5 years ago.
approximately 660 sq meters double lot . House is roughly 1800 sq feet on two levels.
1. Colope Esmeralda , actual purchase price:$ 30,000.00 type of property : 4ac. / 1 1/2 ac. flat land . Approx date of purchase: Aug. 2013 Any other pertinent facts regarding purchase: Top of hill with ocean view .
2. playa provincia esmeraldas
usd 45,000. casa 20 years old, 3 floors 4 rooms 2 bathrooms
129 sqm land 180 sqm building
Bahia de Caraquez
New Ocean Front Condominium, custom built, 4th floor of 8 story bldg. with balcony, 3 bedrooms, 3 baths. The living room, dining room and 2 of the bedrooms all have fantastic ocean views. Inside parking garage and bodega. 197 sq. meters, around 2,000 sq. ft. (2011). Pre construction pricing. ($888/m2 of construction)
1. in Tonsupa, in September, 2011. I found everything that I had ever hoped for and more, at Playa Almendro Resort. It was new construction, 95% completed, and I was able to choose everything inside the doors, including custom wood cabinets and bathroom vanities. There is 6 pools, with a 7th under construction, 2 spas,a commercial laundry, mercado, 2 tennis courts, 2 volley ball courts. My condo is 94 square meters, and the cost was basically $1,000/square meter. We have agreed to lease our condo on an annual basis for $900/month.
2. Lot near beach but not right on it. $ 35.00 a square meter….total for 1200 square meters is $ 42.000
1. San Clemente $75,000
“Townhouse” / condo (Vistazul) Built 2008
130 m2 on two floors, 60 m2 roof terrace, May 2011
(6) – 3 floor buildings (5 to 7 units per building), 1 hectare gated community, 100+ meters to ocean ($577/m2 of construction)
2. 820 sq mts beachfront with 10 ft concrete fence; 12 year old about 2600 sq ft 2 story house, 5 bedrooms 4 bathrooms, large patio and balcony. $110,000. North San Clemente
3. San Jacinto, Carchi, 98 hectares, 4 hectares in platanos and coffee, cacoa, two bedroom, two bath house up, one bedroom one bath down. 2 kitchens, big patios, beautiful views, cloud forest, four streams, river frontage, tilapia pond, $132,000, purchased in Dec 2012. ($1346/hectare of land)
4. San Clemente
-the actual purchase price: $85,000, including parking space and storage locker
-the type of property and age: condo, pre-construction, estimated completion March 2015
-meters squared of land and construction: 1.5 acres of land, 1 unit in 54 unit complex, 1,250 sq. ft, 2 bedroom, 2 bath, plus 250 sq. ft balcony
-approx date of transaction: Oct. 2012 ($733/m2 of construction)
5. Beachfront 3 bedr 1 1/2 bath house $100k Sept 2013.
Vacant land right on the beach
approx date of purchase: 9/11/13 ($125/m2 of land)
1. Lot in Gated Community. $82,000
beach front property (new subdivision)
1250m2 (May 2012)
lot is right on the water… community has pool, club house, tennis courts, street lights, sidewalk etc. ($66/m2 of land)
2. Mirador San Jose NEAR PUERTO CAYO
I paid around 24000$ but I’ve received 15% off on the original price because me and my friends bought 3 lands.
nobuilding yet, I have 5 years to built something
lot is 2160 meters squared. (May 2013)
gated community, 400m from beach, board walk, 40 min from Manta ($11/m2 of land)
3. puerto cayo 4000 square meters … cleared…city water…..1/4 mile from ocean with 180 view of pacific and 180 view of foothills….14.50/square meter….buying now.
4. 1. Lot in Gated Community. $140,000
beach front property (new subdivision)
1000m2 (Sept 2013)
pool, club house, tennis, paved roads, common areas, social event center. ($140/m2 of land)
1. beachfront lot
$45/m2, 4400m2 total $198,000.
2. 2 bedr/2 bath condo on the beach right next to Montanita in a gated community with amenities for $112,000. It will be finished in August 2015.
3. 800 metros Via Dos Mangas, Manglaralto, Santa Elena. One km from beach
actual purchase price: $20,000
Bare land, 2000 M2 land, no construction
December, 2012 ($25/m2 of land)
17 room Hotel with stunning oceanview near the point in Montanita
Listed at $390,000… sold $230,000, APR 2012.
2 story house one block off ocean 4 bedr, 3 bath with balcony
1. Cuidad Del Mar, 100 meter condo, Plaza Del Mar
Overlooking the ocean, best subdivision on the Coast, Fully Furnished
2 bedroom, 2.5 bath, storage, parking space
Built 2012. $154,000
2.Central Manabi near Pichincha.
Farm land no livable structure (has primitive costal farm house with open air type construction…. Stilt house is the best way I can describe it, but not livable to US standards)
Purchased April 2013
$225,000 (1800 ft2 or 167m2) ($1347/m2 of construction)
6th floor condo, 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom, 1 garage & storage, big deck of the spare bedroom, giant deck of living room
living space 118 MS, decks 105 MS
2 blocks of the beach, fantastic view
close to, but not ocean front
$45 K 2013 APR ($50/m2 of land)
Santa Elena (near Salinas)
$80,000. concrete house 3/3 con casita y piscina grande, appx. 30 anos
5000m2 lot. Oct. 10, 2011 house is beautiful with fruit trees.
Beachfront lot gated community
374m2 ($56.15 per m2)
4 bedr, 2 bath house
15 yrs old
beachfront, good condition
1. PLAYAS Duplex 2000sq ft 2 units 3 bed 2 bath. Beach front concrete built 5 years ago. Purchased 2012. $105000
2. 4 bedr 3 bath house 2 blocks off beach, small oceanview. 20 years old. $38k. Purchased APR 2012.
To see more current property prices in Ecuador please subscribe to my weekly Ecuador Insiders Newsletter below.