Let’s cut the crap.
There are 3 main reasons people move to Ecuador, or any third world country for that matter…
Women (or men). More freedom. Lower costs.
Did I mention, the gas costs $1.60 a gallon?
Oh yeah, and at least for the next year or two, real estate is a pretty good buy, too.
Not sold yet? Well, here are 7 things I bet you didn’t know you could do in Ecuador…
7. Rent a bike for $5 high in the Andes, in Baños, then be amazed as you casually descend through the foothills of the Andes into the Amazon Jungle Basin (60 km). Then catch the bus with your bike back up. Can be done in 1 day, only a moderate level of fitness is needed.
6. Deep-sea fish for Marlin for a fraction of what it costs in Mexico or Oyster dive with locals near Salinas. More info.
5. Gamble in the Casinos (online at https://clubvip777.com/)of Guayaquil, or take an all-you-can-drink 2-hour river-boat cruise similar in style to what I’ve seen in San Diego, Toronto and London. (This is how I met my last ex-girlfriend.) Leaves almost every night in Guayaquil. More info. You can try play pgslot where you can enjoy casino online. Many players also loves to play on idn poker.
4. Eat strawberries the size of your fist in Ibarra, cheese made in a leaf (Hoja de Queso) in Ambato, and entire fish cooked on a grill along the coast (pescado asado)…all delicious! More info.
3. Get certified as a glider pilot near Otavalo for a little over $1000… they say if you can fly a glider plane (it looks like a small airplane, but with no engine) flying a plane with an engine is even easier. More info.
2. Help harvest cocoa on a plantation in Machala then visit an active gold mine later that day. More info.
1. Eat Filet Mignon for $6 then get 5-10 years taken off your face –not exaggerating– with the treatments of locally-famous Dermatologist Janeth Arevalo in Loja for a fraction of what you’d pay in the States. And she’s much better than the Dermatologists that treated me in the US! Tell her Dom sent you. Dentistry and other medical treatments are also world-class and at a low cost in Loja, since now a days dentist is a service you can even go online, and you can learn more here about this.
Alone, cheap cost of living is a bad reason to move to another country, that could change overnight! But as you can see, Ecuador offers a lot more than that, in fact, I’d live here even if it were more expensive than the States (but not a lot more).
And to get notified of all the latest property deals in Ecuador NO ONE else knows about, as soon as they become available, sign up for the weekly Ecuador Insider’s Newsletter below (you can unsubscribe at ANY time):