Zamora, the gateway to the southern Amazon region, refreshingly cool due to its altitude, Zamora has a unique feel surrounded by waterfalls, rivers and orchids. If you like bird watching and hummingbirds this is the place to visit, just 1 hour from Loja with the new road.
Where to stay in Zamora?
Copalinga: A hydro-powered nature lodge great for hummingbird watching. (From $25 per person).
Hotel Betania:Francisco Orellana My pick for budget travelers with clean, simple rooms that start around $12 per person.
What to do in Zamora?
– Kayak or rafting on the Rio Bombuscaro.
– Visit nearby Parque Podocarpus.
– Rappelling up the nearby waterfalls.
– Bird watching near the Rio Bombuscaro.
– Take a Orchid watching tour.
– Swimming in the nearby streams
– Paintball in the local course.
– Canopy in the nearby mountains.
– Fishing in the nearby streams.
To read the rest of this article please sign up for my weekly, Ecuador Insider’s Newsletter below (You can unsubscribe at ANY time):