Vilcabamba is THE place to go in Ecuador if you just want to veg-out in absolute tranquility. The weather is near perfect and on most days you can hear a pin drop.
Where to stay in Vilcabamba?
Hotel Mandango: My pick for budget travelers with clean, simple rooms that start around $6 per person.
What to do in Vilcabamba?
– Swim in the nearby lazy streams.
– Rent a bike and bike around town.
– Hike the nearby hillsides.
– Try the Filet Mignon at Madre Tierra Guesthouse.
– Get a facial and a Nuru massage to relax.
– Check out some real estate with one of the several local agencies with offices around the main plaza.
To read the rest of this article please sign up for my weekly, Ecuador Insider’s Newsletter below (You can unsubscribe at ANY time):