From the breathtaking views of the old town from the riverside to the friendly locals, you just might want to stay.
Where to stay in Cuenca?
Hotel El Barranco: Calle Larga My pick, a clean, eloquent old colonial turned hotel right where you want to be in Cuenca in the old town near the river with rooms starting around $20 per person.
Hostal El Capitolio: hermano Miguel 4-19 A good budget option right in the center of the old town…and cheap… with rooms starting around $8 per person.
What to do in Cuenca?
– Browse the old town around Parque Calderon
– Mix with expats at the Inca Bar or the California Kitchen.
– Visit nearby Parque de las Cajas.
– Buy flowers at the outdoor flower market near Parque Calderon.
– Visit the largest typical Ecuadorian street market at Feria Libre.
– Get a taste of the hip, local nightlife scene along Calle Larga in the Old Town.
– Try the local delicacy, fried Guinea Pig (Cuiy).
To read the rest of this article please sign up for my weekly, Ecuador Insider’s Newsletter below (You can unsubscribe at ANY time):