Disaster breeds opportunity.
The ying and the yang, there is a positive side to everything if you look for it.
This fact has became particularly clear to me since I started investing in currencies online (more on that soon).
But particularly since the earthquake last April, here are 7 businesses I personally would consider putting in Canoa (if I had the time to do so).
1. Rentals- So I’ve heard from sources on the ground, since the quake acceptable American-quality rentals are few and far between.
2. ATM- Everyone I know who lives in Canoa complains there is no ATM, solve this problem somehow and you will be rewarded.
3. Coffee shop- A good one with inside and outside tables, right on the ocean, with WiFi and good pastries, yea, I’d like to see something like that here (think Sweet and Coffee).
4. Liquor store- with ample selection of both foreign and local liquors and wine plus a whole bunch of other hard-to-find edible goodies like thai curry powder, Heinz ketchup, etc.
5. Late night street food, but something different (like a taco bus)– Right now the late night options are limited to average hamburgers on the street, shwarma (kebab), and pizza (moan). How about a taco stand or pita pit, that’s what I’d put. Add hot dogs and you can appeal to the local crowds too!
6. Chinese food (Chifa)- According to sources, no Chinese in town currently, could be a big hit with both locals and foreigners.
So, what are you waiting for? Give it a go!
Hasta pronto, if you liked this you’d love my Insider’s newsletter on living and investing in Ecuador,
Fill in below to sign up now (you can unsubscribe at any time):