Montanita is coastal Ecuador’s undisputed top party town. With a hippy vibe and Bob Marley music in the air (among other things) for anyone who likes to surf, drink and dance this is your place.
For many older folk the noise here is only bearable for short stints, but even if you don’t sleep here, be sure to stop by to enjoy the incredibly varied cuisine.
What to do?
– Sex, drugs and rock and roll Ecuador-style.
– Rent a surf board or boogie board.
– Take a horse back tour in nearby Olon.
– Study Spanish in the Montanita Spanish School.
– Go para-sailing.
Where to stay?
– My top value pick in the town is OCEANVIEW HOTEL on the outskirts of the main town right on the beach with recently finished rooms with WIFI starting around $10/person per night.
– Rent a house in nearby Manglaralto and sleep far away from the noise.
To learn more about Montanita fill in the blanks below, thanks: