Q&A Categories

Retirement Visa




Do you get a retirement visa before you come to Equador or do you apply there. What do you need to get one. Both my husband and I will have Social Security when we come.

In: Ecuador Living Asked By: [18 Grey Star Level]
Answer #1

Law and rules change frequently here regarding visas. My best advice is to get good legal advice which seems to be a job in and of itself. I have gone through 3 attorneys looking for ones that can do the job, charge fair and are honest in their dealings. This is more difficult that one might think and it is a process. I finally found one and have been using him for a few months and it has been a great experience. He is young and knowledgeable, but the best part is…he thinks. I know that may sound strange but its true. Thinking of ways to follow the law without causing undo stress or ways to make things happen is not a way of thinking here, so finding him has been refreshing. If you would like his name please email me at…………
larryp@vistapacificahomes.com and I will put you in touch. Larry

Answers Answered By: LarryP [848 Orange Star Level]

Answer this Question

You must be Logged In to post an Answer.

Not a member yet? Sign Up Now »

Other Top Ecuador Sites

Quito Airport Hotel

Guayaquil Airport Hotel Domenick Buonamici

Star Points Scale

Earn points for Asking and Answering Questions!

Grey Sta Levelr [1 - 25 Grey Star Level]
Green Star Level [26 - 50 Green Star Level]
Blue Star Level [51 - 500 Blue Star Level]
Orange Star Level [501 - 5000 Orange Star Level]
Red Star Level [5001 - 25000 Red Star Level]
Black Star Level [25001+ Black Star Level]