Q&A Categories

Getting PR




Hello! If I show a proper rental agreement for US $ 2,500+ per month for 3 years, will that be sufficient to qualify for a PR visa in Ecuador? At the end of that period I should hopefully a passport in my possession.


In: Ecuador Living Asked By: [5 Grey Star Level]
Answer #1

If you are speaking of the professional visa…there is NO requirement for you to have a lease…here are the requirments……………….

You must have a degree is from a University on the approved list at Senescyt (the office of higher education of Ecuador) on Senescyt’s website.
NOTE: If you just need this for residency, a bachelor’s degree is fine. You don’t actually need a job offer or a work contract.

Documents you must bring from your home country:

Get a notarized copy of your original University degree (the notary form is called Certificate of Document Custodian).
If you will apply for a cedula, also get the following

Answers Answered By: LarryP [848 Orange Star Level]
Answer #2

There is NO getting around the requirements of either buying property or putting up at least $25,000 for a residency visa using the investor category (9 series). Other categories have different requirments…you can check at this link for various options…………


Good luck


Answers Answered By: LarryP [848 Orange Star Level]

Answer this Question

You must be Logged In to post an Answer.

Not a member yet? Sign Up Now »

Other Top Ecuador Sites

Quito Airport Hotel

Guayaquil Airport Hotel Domenick Buonamici

Star Points Scale

Earn points for Asking and Answering Questions!

Grey Sta Levelr [1 - 25 Grey Star Level]
Green Star Level [26 - 50 Green Star Level]
Blue Star Level [51 - 500 Blue Star Level]
Orange Star Level [501 - 5000 Orange Star Level]
Red Star Level [5001 - 25000 Red Star Level]
Black Star Level [25001+ Black Star Level]